Often I talk to men who really want their marriages to be better but just do not know what to do. As men, being relational does not usually come as easy for us as it does for our wives. How are we to relate to our wives on the level they want from us?
Men, let me ask you a question that I believe will begin to steer you in the right direction: Is your wife your best friend?
I promise you that your wife longs for your companionship. She not only wants you to spend time with her but she also wants you to enjoy the time you spend with her. Your wife wants to be your first choice. Here are some ideas to help make that happen:
• Sit down with your wife and ask her for some ways she would like for you to spend time with her.
• When she is talking to you, listen. I mean really listen. Be able to tell her what she said. Respond to her questions. Add your input.
• Next to God, think of her first. Pray for her. Let her know how much she means to you.
• Surprise her when she least suspects you to be thinking of her.
• Tell her every day that you love her.
That’s it. Five bullet points. Try making her your best friend for the next sixty days. A great idea would be to surprise her with a copy of my new book, 7 Secrets to an Awesome Marriage, and then read it together! I promise you that your marriage will improve far beyond your expectations.