I used to have an Awesome Marriage but now my husband is having an affair and we are separated. I want my family back together but nothing seems to be working. What do I do?
Dr. Kim: First, I am very sorry you are going through this. It takes two people each working very hard to make a marriage successful. You cannot do it by yourself. Here are some ideas for you.
Try these steps:
- Tell him you want God first in yourlives and in your marriage.
- Tell him you want to work on the marriage with him but only if he gives up the other person. No compromise on this one.
- Tell him you want to build a strong foundation in the marriage that can and will withstand all bad outside influences.
- Tell him you would like for him to go to counseling with you.
- Tell him you love him and are willing to fight for your marriage.
Pray for him and your marriage and let God mold you into the wife He created you to be.