Often I talk to men who really want their marriages to be better but just do not know what to do. Most of us as men are not as relational as our wives. We need to know how to relate to them on an emothioal level. Let me ask you three questions over the next few days that, I believe, will get you on the right track. First Question: "Is your wife your best friend?" Our wives long for our companionship. They not only want us to spend time with them, they want us to enjoy the time we spend with them. Your wife wants to be your first choice.
- Here are some ideas to help make that happen:
- Sit down with your wife and ask her for some ways she would like for you to spend time with her.
- When she is talking to you - listen. I mean really listen. Be able to tell her what she said. Respond to her questions. Add your input.
- Next to God think of her first. Pray for her. Let her know how much she means to you.
- Surprise her when she least suspects you to be thinking of her.
- Tell her every day that you love her.
That's it. Five bullet points. Try making her your best friend for the next 60 days. I promise you that your marriage will improve and as it does share your results with us.