As we approach another Thanksgiving, let’s take some time to focus on our marriages. If you were to make a list of five things you are thankful for in your marriage, what would they be?
Here is my list:
- That we have persevered through lots of hard times and have never given up
- That the spark that ignited our relationship at the beginning is still very much there today
- That we both understand the importance of daily putting God first, spouse second
- That we really have fun together
- That we enjoy taking care of each other
Now it’s your turn. Write out your list, and ask your spouse to do the same. Then share your lists with each other on Thanksgiving Day. It is so important for us to take the time to share these things with each other and then together thank God for them. Happy Thanksgiving to each of you!