We have been talking about the process of rebuilding trust when it has been broken in a marriage/relationship. Today I want to give you a list of bullet points that can help rebuild trust.
- Set aside time each day to talk without interruptions
- Let your spouse ask all the questions that come to their mind and answer them honestly and openly.
- Be accountable with your time.
- Make your life an open book - cell phone, computer, e-mails
- Cut off all contact in any form with the person you had the affair with.
- In all aspects of your marriage, stay at the comfort level of your spouse.
- As things improve, begin to balance your life together with things you enjoy doing together.
- Be patient.
Pray together that God will built your marriage stronger than it has ever been.
Remember this is not a checklist. It is a process and you will go through these points over and over and over again. But if you do the possibility of rebuilt trust can become a reality.