I get this question a lot and from couples that have been married less than a year to couples that have been married many years. “How do you keep the romance in your marriage’. That is an awesome question and one I think every married couple has to deal with at least sometime in their marriage. Here are a few ideas.
- Think about the things you did for each other before marriage that you thought were romantic. Try doing some of those again.
- Ask each other what each of you think is romantic and then do those things for each other.
- Try to have a date once a week. It does not have to cost money because the idea is to set aside time together away from the distractions of life.
- Do unexpected things for each other such as hiding an ‘I love you’ note for your spouse to find or a phone call in the middle of the day to say, “I was just thinking about you.”
- Finally, try some of these that usually help - candle light dinners, relaxing together in front of a fireplace with a roaring fire, massage, taking showers or baths together, and ____________________________ (you fill in the blank!).
OK, It is your turn! Give us your ideas.