Most of us do not like conflict. Yet, it is a reality in every relationship. Conflict is natural. We are different. We are different as man and woman, in our family backgrounds, in our life experiences, and countless other ways. The key is this:
We either let our differences bring us closer together or we let them tear us apart.
One of the greatest gifts a couple can give their marriage is to learn to solve problems together. Solving problems strengthens our marriages and builds intimacy.
Here are the steps to use in solving problems:
- Set aside a time to discuss the problem that works for both of you.
- Agree on the problem and what part each of you played in it.
- Brainstorm ideas and pick one to try.
- Implement your solution.
- Set a time to evaluate the solution.
- If successful, celebrate your success.
- If not, pick another solution to implement.
Question: What obstacles do you run into when trying to solve a problem?